Twitter ads can help amplify your message by reaching a specific targeted audience. In order to make the most of Twitter ads, it’s best to first build a strong organic presence on Twitter, since Promoted Tweets are simply organic tweets targeted to a specific audience.
How can you tell which of your organic tweets or content strategies are working to achieve your goals?
Twitter recently announced that they are rolling out an enhanced tweet activity dashboard to provide measurable insights on how organic tweets perform. The new dashboard is available to all advertisers, Twitter Card publishers and verified accounts around the world. Now advertisers on the site will have the ability to measure the number of times users have viewed and engaged with their organic tweets as well as promoted content.
With the new dashboard, you can:
- See how your Tweets are performing in real time.
- Compare impressions (the number of times a Tweet is viewed by anyone on Twitter web, Android, or iOS apps, including logged-out users), total engagements and Retweets month over month.
- Use the Tweet details page to see how many Retweets, replies, favorites, follows, link clicks and embedded media clicks each Tweet received.
- Export your Tweet performance metrics into a CSV file, which now includes both organic and promoted data.
The tweet activity dashboard will allow you to adjust your organic content strategy to provide your followers with the type of content they are most interested in. Your followers have the ability to spread your brand’s message even further through actions such as retweets, mentions and replies.
When analyzing your tweet activity dashboard, consider the number of times per day you post, what times you post, types of calls to action, copy length and engaging content such as expandable photos and videos.
Twitter researched the organic tweets and reach of those tweets of 200 brands, spanning from Fortune 500 companies to SMBs. They found that of the 200 brands, those that drove the highest organic reach utilized one or more of these tactics when it was relevant to their marketing goals:
- Leverage real-time cultural moments like live sports events, awards shows or trending conversations.
- Mention influencer usernames with large followings or high-volume hashtags in Tweets.
- Include auto-expanded photos or videos paired with short, conversational copy.
Does your Twitter strategy need an upgrade, but you’re not quite sure where to start? Sign up for our free social media assessment to discuss your social media goals and challenges. You’ll get actionable tips and recommendations on next steps.