If you’re bright, talented, and wish your job really made use of your skills, you might be just the person we’re looking for.
We are BrandGlue—a social media strategy and creative agency, reaching our client’s audiences effectively in the places they hang out most.
We’ve got some exciting new clients and projects in the works as we approach 2018. So many, that we need a hand to get everything done, while making sure our new and existing clients are taken care of.
As the Social Media Community Manager, you will be responsible for drafting, scheduling and posting social content for clients following each of their schedules/cadences (including owned/client content and finding curated content), pulling social metrics for client reporting, and handling many other backend operations, such as (but not limited to): scheduling blogs, drafting campaigns and reporting documents, and more.
When it comes to you, here’s what we want to know:
- Are you ‘Type A’ and proud of it?
- Do you love exploring and learning new platforms and programs, as long as they work?
- Are you a competent personality wrangler? In other words, do you get along well with others while remaining efficient in getting things done?
- Are you the person that friends go to for help?
- Do you love watching from the backstage, knowing that the show was able to go on because of all your behind-the-scenes work?
- Do you have a can-do, “I’ll do anything for my team” attitude? Are you a positive person, consistently known day in and day out for having a great attitude at work?
We’re looking for a Social Media Community Manager to serve on our team as part of our control center for all the exciting expansion happening within our agency.
This is a full-time, remote position. An honest-to-goodness, full-time opportunity that, it just so happens, you can do from anywhere. We don’t need you to be an internet marketing expert yourself. We can teach you all that—that’s what we do, after all. But we do need you to have a solid understanding of how online marketing and social media works, including:
- Being a regular (at the very least, weekly) social media user on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest (Snapchat is a plus).
- Familiarity with premium online content, such as webinars, ebooks, whitepapers, etc.
- Knowledge of social advertising and key metrics like impressions, engagement, CTRs, CPCs, CPLs.
Tip: If any of the above phrases or acronyms are brand new to you, this may not be the perfect position for you.
We’ll be straight with you: This position has high expectations. But if you’re the person we’re looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Think this gig is tailor-made for you? Read on:
- The Social Media Community Manager is the owner for all client tasks they manage. He/she will be held responsible for how well things get done for the brand.
- The Social Media Community Manager will evaluate client tasks daily to make sure all social media needs are taken care of. They will also prioritize tasks, reporting, and special requests from each client accordingly.
- They will work with team members, such as other community managers, interns, graphic designers, etc. These are people working on other clients at the same time, and the Social Media Community Manager will be responsible for managing the tasks and help they need from their team.
- The Social Media Community Manager is responsible for making sure internal processes, as well as client-specific processes, are followed and all deadlines are met for the clients they are managing.
- The Social Media Community Manager is responsible for reviewing all project work they have completed for each client, making sure it meets all requirements (spelling/grammar check, imagery is on-brand, timing of the social post is correct, etc.).
- The Social Media Community Manager will be responsible for keeping their BrandGlue team leader apprised of their clients and various projects. You will have a fair amount of autonomy, you just need to check-in regularly so that we know you’re on track and feel adequately supported.
- The Social Media Community Manager tests everything, serving as the final check before any social campaign or post goes live.
- The Social Media Community Manager is one of the main points-of-contact for the clients they manage. They are responsible for maintaining and succeeding at that relationship, giving 100% to and for each client and brand.
- The Social Media Manager is responsible for helping spearhead creative brainstorming for campaigns and social media strategy for their clients.
- They will be responsible for assisting with all reporting needs for the clients they are managing, including helping each client lay out their key goals and KPI’s, and then doing their part to help achieve those.
- The Social Media Community Manager is responsible for knowing if the work being delivered for each client is on brand and of appropriate quality.
- The Social Media Community Manager will quality control each task. If something doesn’t meet our standards, the Social Media Community Manager will require more work on the task.
Tip: When you apply, please put “Applying for BrandGlue Social Media Community Manager – [Name]” as the title.
Here’s who this position is not for:
- Anyone who struggles with attention to details. Tip: Your life is pretty organized and your house is generally clean.
- People who aren’t active on social media on at least a weekly basis.
- Those who aren’t willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
This position is for a person who:
- Is resourceful.
- Can handle pressure and tight deadlines.
- Works very well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and clients.
- Has great attention to detail and brand quality.
- Is not locked into just working 9-5 but embraces an “until it gets done” attitude.
- Is a high-functioning communicator.
- Is organized.
- Takes ownership and pride in their work.
- Is not afraid of new challenges.
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly.
- Adapts well to changes on-the-go.
- Is technology savvy.
- Can handle direct and blunt feedback.
- Can juggle many moving pieces while staying collected.
Here’s what the right person will love about this position:
- You’ll be paid to do what you already get a kick out of, but from a brand side: posting content and learning new ways to make things work for the clients you manage.
- You’ll get to do your work from anywhere and can be in any of the 3 major time zones in the good ‘ol U.S. of A.
- You’ll get to work in a fast growing social media marketing agency and learn from some of the top experts in the field.
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of online marketing, social media, content development, and building a brand with a massive audience online.
- You’ll also see “behind the scenes” of how we have become the premiere social media agency around, as well as get to interface directly with a number of our F100 and F500 clients.
- You’ll be part of a company that has one main goal: Helping people get more of what they want out of life. By helping people create successful businesses, we help them create successful lives.
Sound like what you’ve been looking for?
Email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.
We’ll be reviewing applications over the following weeks. Can’t wait to hear from you!