We’re Hiring A Senior Social Media Strategist
If you’re bright, talented, and wish your job really made use of your skills and expertise, you might be just the person we’re looking for.
We are BrandGlue—a social media strategy and creative agency, reaching our client’s audiences effectively in the places they hang out most.
We’ve got some exciting new clients and projects in the works as we approach the end of 2019 and head into 2020. So many, in fact, that we need an extra team member to help get everything done, while making sure our new and existing clients are also taken care of.
As the Senior Social Media Strategist, you will be responsible for helping to create and execute the social strategy for our clients. This includes playing a role in creating the social strategy, drafting, scheduling and posting social content for clients following each of their schedules/cadences (including owned/client content and finding curated content), pulling social metrics for client reporting, and handling many other backend operations, such as (but not limited to): scheduling blogs, drafting campaigns and reporting documents, and more. You will also front-face with our clients, with the goal of eventually becoming the main POC for clients.
When it comes to you, here’s what we want to know:
- Are you ‘Type A’, extremely organized and efficient, and proud of it?
- Do you love exploring and learning new platforms and programs, as long as they work?
- Do you enjoy laying out a plan and strategy, whether for an upcoming personal trip or for work at your job?
- Are you a competent personality wrangler? In other words, do you get along well with others (even difficult people) while remaining efficient in getting things done?
- Are you the person that friends go to for help?
- Do you love watching from the backstage, knowing that the show was able to go on because of all your behind-the-scenes work?
- Do you have a can-do, “I’ll do anything for my team” attitude? Are you a positive person, consistently known day in and day out for having a great attitude at work?
We’re looking for a Senior Social Media Strategist to serve on our team as part of our control center for the exciting expansion happening within our agency.
This is a full-time, remote position. An honest-to-goodness, full-time opportunity that, it just so happens, you can do from anywhere within the continental U.S.A.
We don’t need you to know every aspect of digital marketing, but you do need to know the general lay of the digital marketing land, and consider yourself knowledgeable (if not an expert) in social media. This includes:
- Being a daily (at the very least, multiple times a week) social media user on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest (Snapchat is a plus).
- Familiarity with premium online content, such as webinars, ebooks, whitepapers, etc.
- Knowledge and execution experience of social advertising and key metrics like impressions, engagement, CTRs, CPCs, CPLs.
- Experience with campaigns, marketing personas, social reporting, and managing multi-tiered social ad campaigns.
We’ll be straight with you: This position has high expectations. But if you’re the person we’re looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Think this gig is tailor-made for you? Read on:
- The Senior Social Media Strategist is the owner and strategist for all client tasks they manage. They will be held responsible for how well things get done for the client.
- The Senior Social Media Strategist is responsible for helping spearhead creative brainstorming for campaigns and social media strategy for their clients.
- The Senior Social Media Strategist will evaluate client tasks daily to make sure all social media needs are taken care of. They will also prioritize tasks, reporting, and special requests from each client accordingly.
- The Senior Social Media Strategist will collaborate with other team members, like our graphic designers, etc. at BrandGlue. These are people working on other clients at the same time, and the Senior Social Media Strategist will be responsible for managing the tasks and help they need from the larger team.
- The Senior Social Media Strategist is responsible for making sure internal processes, as well as client-specific processes, are followed and all deadlines are met for the clients they are managing.
- The Senior Social Media Strategist is responsible for reviewing all project work they have completed for each client, making sure it meets all requirements (spelling/grammar check, imagery is on-brand, timing of the social post is correct, etc.).
- The Senior Social Media Strategist will be responsible for keeping their BrandGlue team lead apprised of their clients and various projects. You will have a fair amount of autonomy; you just need to check-in regularly so that we know you’re on track and feel adequately supported.
- The Senior Social Media Strategist tests everything, serving as the final check before any social campaign or post goes live.
- The Senior Social Media Strategist is one of the main points-of-contact for the clients they manage. They are responsible for maintaining and succeeding at that relationship, giving 100% to and for each client and brand.
- The Senior Social Media Strategist will be responsible for assisting with all reporting needs for the clients they are managing, including helping each client lay out their key goals and KPIs, and then doing their part to help the client achieve those.
- The Senior Social Media Strategist is responsible for knowing if the work being delivered for each client is on-brand and of appropriate quality.
- The Senior Social Media Strategist will quality control each task. If something doesn’t meet our standards, the Senior Social Media Strategist will require more work on the task.
Quick Tip: When you apply, please put “Applying for BrandGlue Senior Social Media Strategist – [Your Name]” as the title.
Here’s who this position is not for:
- Anyone who struggles with attention to detail. Tip: Your life is pretty darn organized, and your house and car are generally clean.
- Folks who aren’t very organized, or often make mistakes with typos or data entry.
- Those who aren’t efficient with their time and multitasking.
- People who aren’t active on social media on at least a weekly basis.
- Those who aren’t willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
This position is for a person who:
- Is resourceful.
- Can handle pressure and tight deadlines.
- Love to talk strategy.
- Works very well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and clients.
- Has great attention to detail and brand quality.
- Is not locked into just working 9-5 but embraces an “until it gets done” attitude.
- Is a high-functioning communicator.
- Is extremely organized.
- Takes ownership and pride in their work.
- Is not afraid of new challenges.
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly.
- Adapts well to changes on-the-go.
- Is technology savvy.
- Can handle direct and blunt feedback.
- Can juggle many moving pieces while staying collected.
Here’s what the right person will love about this position:
- You’ll be paid to do what you already get a kick out of, but from a brand side: executing social strategy, posting content, and learning new ways to make things work for the clients you manage.
- You’ll get to do your work from anywhere and can be in any of the 4 major time zones in the good ‘ol U.S. of A (PST, CST, MST and EST).
- You’ll get to work in a fast growing social media marketing agency and learn from some of the top experts in the field.
- You’ll grow your skills and expertise on all things digital marketing, social media, content development, and building brands with a massive audience online.
- You’ll also see “behind the scenes” of how we have become the premiere social media agency around, as well as get to interface directly with a number of our F100 and F500 clients.
- You’ll be part of a company that has one main goal: Helping people get more of what they want out of life. By helping people create successful businesses, we help them create successful lives.
Sound like what you’ve been looking for?
Email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please include the following:
- Highlight 3 brands that you think do a great job on social media and why.
- Share about a recent social ads campaign that you ran: what was the goal(s), how did you execute against that goal(s), and any key learnings that came from the campaign.
- Share links to your personal social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
- Give a few recent writing samples. These could include, but are not limited to: recent social posts, blog posts, editorials, newsletter articles, position papers, brochures, marketing materials, and educational materials.
We’ll be reviewing applications over the upcoming weeks. We can’t wait to hear from you!